displaying everyday pictures


If there is anything I believe is as important as taking pictures of your kids, it's printing them out. Did you know that digital files are not archival? Scientists are actually studying and trying to make them archival! As of right now though, they will, eventually corrupt. What is? Archival quality prints! So, if you want your pictures to last forever, you've gotta print them!

I love displaying prints in our home, and I wanted a way to do so that was casual and easy to change, but still looked structured and nice. Enter, the clipboard wall! I took a class from Danielle Hatcher, an amazing family photographer in Sacramento. Months ago, she posted  about her own clipboard wall and I LOVED it. I knew I wanted to re-create it for my own home. When I decided where I wanted it, I took sheets of construction paper and arranged them on my wall. I cut them in half to make them the same size as a mini clipboard (what Danielle used) and did some whole, which is the size of a standard clipboard (9x12). I decided 10 standard clipboards fit my space better. I had found some at my local 99Cent Store, so they were $1 each. Then I printed a dozen 8x10s at Costco. Like Danielle, mine weren't all originally taken in portrait orientation, but I used Costco's crop tool to make them that way. I love the way this wall turned out for less than $30! I will switch pictures out as I take new favorites and put the old ones in an album.

Be sure to check out Danielle's post for more detailed instructions on installation!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my work! If you have something to say, please leave me a comment. I will do my best to reply.