braver than you believe.

Whenever I think about women and bringing children into this world, I think of the famous words by Carter Crocker (I thought it was A.A. Milne, but apparently it's been mis-attributed, but I digress); "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

I remember my own experiences giving birth to my two beautiful boys. I think of the intense pressure and pain of the contractions, of the heavy physical and emotional exhaustion. There comes a point, just before it's over, where you feel like you just. can't. anymore. 

And then, you dig deep. And you find that you really are strong and brave and you will do this because you must. 

Then in a moment that is a rush and quiet all at once, there's a baby in front of you. 

I feel more than honored that I was able to document this sacred, special experience for Kat and Danny. They made such a beautiful team and I loved all of the time they were able to spend alone with their beautiful baby girl after her birth. You can't witness something like this and not believe in goodness and love, and God.















1 comment :

  1. I LOVE this! You can just see the TRUE LOVE in these pictures--for each other and for their new baby! You captured it very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing my work! If you have something to say, please leave me a comment. I will do my best to reply.